Statalist

st: How to run a program with ! / winexec minimized

From   Roy Wada <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: How to run a program with ! / winexec minimized
Date   Fri, 30 Nov 2007 17:25:07 -0800

I depends on what you mean by "parameters" and how you are
implementing them. A parameter is any value passed into a batch
script. -shellout- will work with parameters in the following examples
(assuming you have Stata SE):

. shellout wsestata.exe shellout wsestata.exe shellout wsestata.exe
. shellout wsestata di "Bite Me"
. shellout notepad "Bite Me"

The first line will open three Stata executables.
The second line will open a Stata executable with a "Bite Me" message.
The third line will open a (new) notepad file called "Bite Me".

For -shellout- to work, parameters need to be entered correctly.
It will not work if the entered command does not work with DOS. I don't
know a case where "<" is a part of DOS cmd. If "<" is itself a parameter,
then it must be enclosed in parenthesis.

You obviously need to provide a DETAILED EXAMPLE of cmd that can be
replicated on a regular PC. A generic example like the one you have
provided is singularly unhelpful.

Thanks,

Roy

> Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 01:34:44 -0200 (BRT)
> From: [email protected]
> Subject: st: How to run a program with ! / winexec minimized
>
> Thx, Kieran and Roy for your comments.
>
> shellout seems to be a nice solution. however, it does not accept a file
> containing paremeters to run the executable. For instance,
>

> shellout program.exe < parameters.txt
>
> is there any solution to this problem, Roy?
>
> thx again.
>
> Tiago

Your smile counts. The more smiles you share, the more we donate.� Join in.
*
*   For searches and help try:
*   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/